Location/s: White River, Mpumalanga
Coordinator/s: Charles Sanderson – Community developer
|Our homeless support group during a session with the facilitators|
A homeless support group was established in 2009 providing weekly support and needs identification such as late registration of birth, rehabilitation, or tracing of family members etc.
This multi-racial support group meets weekly at the White River offices and is facilitated by a pastor and ex Red Cross worker.
- To provide spiritual and emotional support to homeless clients
- To create a platform whereby individuals are empowered to discuss challenges and identify resources
- To identify underlying problems and refer clients to the social worker
- 15 unemployed homeless people have benefited from this programme
- A number of clients have been able to secure identity documents
- A number of clients have been reunited with their families
- Accommodation for our clients – short and long term
- Donations for food, clothing and blankets
- Internships and job opportunities